We provide care and education for young children between the ages of 2½ and 5 years.
As a member of Pucklecurch Playgroup, your child:
- Is in a safe and stimulating environment
- Has the chance to join in with other children and adults to play, work and learn together
- Is helped to extend learning by building on what they already know and can do
- Is helped to establish the basis of pre reading and pre writing through well chosen stories and songs rhymes and games
- Is helped to learn listening, sharing and concentration and to take pride in their achievements
- Has a key worker who monitors your child’s progress
- Is in a playgroup where a partnership with parents helps children to learn and develop
Playgroup’s timetable and routine
Pucklechurch playgroup knows that care and education are equally important in the experience, which we offer children. The routines and activities that make up the playgroup sessions are provided in ways that:
- Help each child to feel that they are a valued member of playgroup.
- ensure the safety of each child
- help children to gain from the social experience of being part of a group
- provide children with opportunities to learn and help them to value learning
The first days
We want your child to feel happy and safe at playgroup. To make sure that this is the case, the staff will work closely with you to decide how best to help your child to settle into playgroup.It is very imprtant to us that both parents and child are happy.
Records of achievement and Key workers
Playgroup keeps records of achievement for each child. Your child’s record of achievement helps us to ensure we are providing the steps your child needs to develop and progress when at playgroup.
Your child’s key worker will record information in the record. At playgroup we use the Foundation stage-tracking document provided by the early year’s education department. This document is then passed on to school and it provides valuable information about your child to the teacher. Your child’s key worker will collect information about your child’s needs, activities, interests and achievements. This information will enable the key worker to identify your child’s stage of progress and then enable them to help your child move on to the next stage.
Pucklechurch Playgroup hopes that you and your child enjoy being members of our playgroup and that you find taking part in out activities interesting and stimulating. The staff team is always ready and willing to talk with you about your ideas, views or questions. We hope your child has a great time at our Playgroup.